We specialise in wedding receptions and handfastings, but the site is quite flexible and we are always delighted to be considered for any event you are planning. We are also excited to be able to show off our specially-made, timber-frame, canvas-covered marquee, which, at 20 x 12 metres, can comfortably seat up to 180 people. The marquee can also be partitioned into two or more smaller areas.
The marquee is situated in a four-acre meadow in front of the house and garden, offering the perfect vantage point to enjoy the views, play party games, or to have a picnic or afternoon tea!
The garden and meadow can also be used for non-legal ceremonies such as handfastings - our stone circle is is a popular feature with couples.
As well as vintage-style afternoon teas and ceremony set-ups, there are a number of other services we can offer you, whether it's bonfires, flowers, or lighting up the garden after dark for a magical night. Share your dream with us and we will make it happen!
For 2021, please contact us to inquire about pricing. Our basic hosting package includes:
- Our magnificent timber-frame marquee (seats up to 180 guests) for 24 hours
- 4 acres of beautiful Somerset countryside during your celebration
- Access to our lovely 1/2 acre gardens on the day of your event
- Use of the guesthouse on the night of your party, with all amenities (sleeps up to six people)
- Camping for guests
- Staff on the day to help ensure things run smoothly (please be aware that if table service is required for the food at the meal, the caterers must provide staff; we can provide additional table staff for a charge)
- Simple decoration of the marquee (including natural greenery and ivy from our grounds, and post-meal tea lights)
- Set-up and clear-up
- Crockery and cutlery
- Laying the tables and clearing tableware after the meal
- Lighting inside and outside the marquee
- Outdoor seating near the marquee and in the gardens
- Flowers for outdoor tables
- Fire pit
- Completion and payment of Temporary Events Licence
Tables, chairs, and glasses can all be hired from us directly. (Please note that toilet facilities will need to be hired separately - we have a good relationship with local suppliers who offer competitive prices, and we are happy to organise this on your behalf. )
You will are welcome to arrive at noon on Friday and stay until noon on Sunday (presuming a Saturday wedding), so that you will have ample time to tie up any loose ends and to pack up without needing to rush.
Couples are allowed to store décor, etc. with us for up to 2 weeks before the celebration.
Our guests choose their own caterers; we're thrilled to provide contact information for trusted local food vendors, photographers, and celebrants - just ask!
See here for full details of all of the above.